Monday, March 2, 2009

Stalking the prey

We're all seated at one of those fine eating establishments that gives each child a bag with his or her food in it accompanied by an inexpensive toy. I have told my youngest not once, not twice, (not even sure how many times it truly was) that he could not have his toy until all his consumables had been devoured when I noticed that he had disappeared. I then see a small (apparently disembodied) hand come up and over the table on my side tapping around where his toy had just been. Noticing this event I handed the toy to Daddy on the other side of the table. Eventually a little brown haired head appeared to peek around at the table and see where the prey had moved to. He then (very silently) tucked back under the table and the hand reappeared patting down the other side of the table. Of course Daddy and I had moved it yet again, by this time all 4 of us sitting at the table are in such riotous laughter that we cannot even scold the little tiger for his stalking action. We simply blurt out between laughs "sit down and eat" and life resumes.

No comments: