Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Day I've Waited For...

So it's the day I have waited for!! My new beautiful queen size sleigh bed arrives today. I woke up early to receive the phone call stating "we will be there between 9am and noon" ... wait, a three hour window?? You don't know when you're coming? Ok no big deal.

So now I'm home here with Alexander waiting with tremendous anticipation for the truck to arrive. At 10am it finally comes!!! They pull up to the back door, get out, and open the truck! I am SO very happy!! But wait! They start unloading and heading toward the house!! This isn't right. I calmly say, "You're not going to have any where to put that until the king size bedding is removed." Then it all unfolds in just minutes....I paid for the bed, the mattress and boxspring, delivery and set-up. I did not pay for removal of the old bedding. How was I supposed to sleep last night, wake up after Russ left for the day, and still remove my king size?? This is insane. So my new bed sits inside its cardboard boxes on my back porch, the mattresses are inside the church's Sunday School half of our house, and I'm on the phone with people who might be able to help me.

Update to follow.....I hope!

No comments: