Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolution - Not to Write a Resolution

Ok I know it's very cliche, but I am REFUSING to write a New Year's Resolution. Why? Well, because they're rarely, if ever, successfully kept. So just like last year, and the year before that, not to write a resolution on a whim just because the calendar is going to flip over and make us all one year older.


However, I am coming up on the beginning of my third year of a total body and life transformation. For the first time in my life, I belong to a gym. I go because I want to; I go because I like it. I'm not going because the Superintendant mandated that I should go. I'm going for me. I have lost 25lbs in 2 years. That sounds like very little - a pound a month, BUT I was still eating whatever I wanted for the most part. Now, however, I am making those changes as well now that my workouts have become a steady lifestyle habit. Step 1 was to give up regular soda for diet. Step 2 is now to replace half of all my drinks with water, and also to remove all the heavily processed foods from our diet. No more blue boxes of mac & cheese for me, and if I'm not going to eat it, then why would I give it to my growing boys?

It's a process, but we're getting there, and for the most part, we're getting there with smiles on our faces.

Newest goal? 25 more pounds by May 18th, 2011. What's the significance of that date? Stay tuned to find out........

No comments: