Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The 12 Days of Turkey - The Pregame Show

As a joke I have been commenting on Facebook that we are "avoiding all things poultry" in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. Tonight, for instance, it was burritos, because let's face it, one family can only stand SO MUCH bird.

Tonight however, I added as a further joke that tomorrow would start the 12 days of Turkey. It was kind of a joke, but it got me wondering.... how long could I make this turkey last before my family plans a kitchen coup de'tat.

So tonight it's game on -- The 20lb turkey is slow roasting in the oven with a fine bouquet of celery, onion, garlic, and spices. The stuffing is in the crockpot, and countless other dishes sit in the refrigerator waiting for our noon gametime tomorrow. With 5 of us eating, it seems completely possible to stretch this food for days on end.... ;) We shall soon see...

No comments: