Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankful 11-5-11

I have to say today, of all days, I'm thankful for Mike Foy, Heather Traylor Foy, and Kimberly Crawford and Fit For the King gym. Without the steady help and support they've given me over the last 2 years, someone would have had to come pick my sorry behind up at the bottom of Trail 8 in Clifty Falls Park.

"A little hike" turned into 5 miles (4 hours) and within the last mile was 300 yards of nearly straight uphill hiking. I almost didn't make it. I was huffing, puffing, and hugging trees almost the whole way up, but in my mind, I thought "2 years ago, without the gym time I've put in, they would have had to send an ambulance, helicopter, or undertaker to get me out of those woods."

I'm not sure I EVER want to do that again. Now, safely at home, back in warm DRY clothes (cause yeah, I fell in the river slightly) with a yummy dinner in my tummy, I'm plain exhausted. If I took a hot shower now, it would be ALLLLLLL OVER. zzzzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So proud of your hard work! LOVE hiking with the family - great quality family time. Keep up the good work!

stephaniefiles said...

"Keep up the good work!" tends to stir up a "just" statement. I don't feel like I work NEARLY as hard as Mike, or Kim, or YOU, Heather, but I'm gonna force myself to just say THANK YOU.