Friday, February 27, 2009

Eating Out Stag Style

Ok, so Alex had a "slobber party" with his cousin over at their grandparents' house last night which means that once I successfully dropped off my oldest 2 at school I was flying solo until I felt like making an appearance at aforementioned slumber party.


The day started great with a Stand Up Against Bullying Day for the big boys. I dressed them in pink polos and blue jeans and sent them on their merry little way to someone else's care....ahhhh. FREEDOM! So what's a mom to do? Why go back to bed of course! I went back to my nice warm king size until about 10:30am. I had NO INTENTION of sleeping that long, but it sure felt good.

So then it was off to the bank and out to the grandparents. I was literally IN their neighborhood when I remembered that Russ asked me to email his school work to his professor, which was safely saved in his harddrive. So turn around, go back home, fast forward an hour, now what's a free mom to do? Take myself out to lunch!


It seemed the perfect answer. I wanted to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant, but I had no "family time" options to go until next week or so. I head over, walk into the restaurant where Senor says "How many?" I was a little embarrassed, I'll admit, but I screwed myself up, and said proudly "One." Phew. Over. Right? Wrong? Senor repeats looking rather confused "One?" Great...here we go again. "Yes, I'm taking myself out to lunch. I earned it." How? By sleeping in? Great, now I feel sheepish and dumb again. Let's make it worse, he walks me around the corner near the kitchen and seats me in the corner, and there is no one else in the section. Oh well. So what. I did it.


Then another young man comes with silverware to take my drink order while we wait for my server to become available. He asks "Are we waiting on anyone?" Innocent enough, but I'm still reeling from my stupidity. "Nope. Just me." Finally my waiter comes, "I'll come back in a minute when your guest arrives. " GRRRrrrr. Now it's just not funny anymore. "No, it's just me, and I know what I'd like please."


So I eat my delicious food ALL by myself, and I'm waiting on the check when another slightly older woman walks into the section. She calmly says "I'll have my usual please." and looks at me, she states rather calmly "We must have been bad girls, they sat us way back here in the corner today." Laughing I reply "I thought they sat me back here because they couldn't figure out a woman taking herself out to lunch." The woman laughed back "nah, I do this at least once a week here. They all even know what I want to eat." Once again, I felt sheepish. What did I have to worry about?

No comments: