Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Downsizing: From Scraps to Blankets

Ok, so I know it's not a conventional method of downsizing but I had all these scraps sitting around in totes, and I need to make a baby blanket for a co-worker, and I was just sitting around at the in-laws doggy sitting my puppy all day. Long story as to why she's at their house and not mine, but I digress...




Blanket project 1:


A little girl blankie. Not a baby, no pastels here, or at least very few. This is a toddler with a vibrant personality, so I grabbed up some rainbow fleece and some bold girly patterns and set to work. By the time I was done I was not disappointed in the fabric choices, only the mechanics of the seamstress. It seems that I made it a little narrow, missed a few corner points and puckered the fabric right in the middle, but oh well, I think it's still okay for my purposes...if not, just a good excuse to make another one!
Now that I have my method worked out, I'll move on to the neutral gender baby blanket for my co-worker. That will have to be another day though. This one took longer than I expected. So my to-do list still says...curtains for my kitchen, baby blanket for my co-worker, and whatever else may suit my fancy. What's truly sad is that I started those curtains for my kitchen last summer, they still aren't done, and we're moving out of her in less than 6 months. Oh well...

No comments: