Thursday, April 16, 2009

Catching up....Again.

Ok so that dumpster was filled to capacity and set to be hauled away on Good Friday April 10. Much to my dismay I awoke that morning at the ripe ole hour of 1:30am with an unusual tightening in my back on the right side. I had my suspicions and one trip to the little girls' room later I had my confirmation. I spent the next 2 hours trying to convince Hubby that SOMEONE needed to take me to the ER for some phenergan and toradol. I finally told him to do whatever he felt he needed to in order to care for our sons and called my mother in tears. She ran a red light. I'm not sure I've ever seen my very rule following mother do that.

I was admitted to the Emergency Department in record time and had an IV running strong in a matter of minutes. Phenergan and Toradol followed close behind and then a CT scan to confirm a 2mm intruder ripping it's way south. I was released to my mother's care by 5am. I went home wanting nothing but my bed only to find that I had no key and my instructions to my hubby to care for the children however he felt he needed had translated to wake the kids up at 4:30am and take them to your mom. He then proceeded to the ER to find I had been released. Meanwhile I headed to my mom's.

By 7am I was sleeping a drug induced sleep. At 9am I felt an inexplicable drive to call off work, FOR THE NEXT NIGHT. I don't know what I was thinking. Moreso, I don't understand the paranoia that led me to believe that calling in had cost me my job. I then called my friend who works for the company providing the dumpster and we had a good laugh at my expense. I was, in all truth, high as a kite from all the meds. Why would anyone allow me on the phone? Well, because I was home alone.

I passed back out and consequently passed my intruder sometime between 9:15am and 3:15pm. The rest of the weekend was back on track for Easter Festivities. Upon my return to work on Monday (no I didn't lose my job afterall) we all had a good laugh once again at my expense. I promise from now on when I'm drugged to high high heaven (thanks JJ for that very acurate phrase) I will not try to use a phone.

HAPPY EASTER everyone!

No comments: