Monday, July 7, 2008

Long, Long Ago

Long, long ago in a land not so far away my husband and I started this journey. I've seen a lot, done a lot, jumped some hurtles, and got caught by a few too. 10 years ago when we got married, I wouldn't have blogged. 8 years ago when my 1st son was born, I wouldn't have blogged. 7 years ago when another son was born, I wouldn't have blogged. 3 years ago when my youngest son was born, I still wouldn't have blogged. But now...welcome to my blog.

"I am no one special" - I am simply a Christian, a wife of 10+ years, a mother to three sons, a daughter, a sister, and much, much more. So no, I am no one special. I am not famous, rich, or any of the other traditional standards of importance in this world, but I am hoping that I write something that helps someone, even if it's only me.

So why now? Because I think the hurtles may finally have stopped making me quit the race. I still can't say that I successfully jump them all, but I've learned to keep pressing on to the goals. Such a simple lesson, but it took me 30 years. Maybe I'm just stubborn.

No comments: