Monday, August 15, 2011

Serenity

Imagine with me....

Temperatures of mid to high 70s and low humidity in mid August.
Walking under decades or even century old elms, oaks, and magnolia trees.
A sweet little breeze playing across your skin.
Silence. peace. ... serenity.

I took a big breath of peace today by going along with Russ to Southern Seminary. It was exactly the kind of calm I needed. I spent some time in the pool, and some more time in the hot tub, and then just took a walk with me, myself, and I. Eventually I met back up with Russ and saw some friends from last semester that we hadn't talked to all summer, got treated to a yummy calzone from my favorite little restaurant in St. Matthews, and finally ended with a little window shopping at a flea market in Jeffersonville.

Aaaaahhhh. I needed that!

No comments: