Friday, April 1, 2011

Bullying...

As an elementary student, I was the object of a young man's anger and frustration. I was the object of a bully. I was teased and tormented emotionally for 6 years. I lived my life scared of what would come next. Even though he never touched me physically, it was still bullying. I tried talking to teachers who would equally try to manage the situation. He would only get worse the more he would get into trouble. He would find sneaky little ways to get around teachers and administration. I got so desperate that I finally sought out the school counselor. My plea? Please help me learn to cope. I can't change him. I can't change what's happening. Help ME. The counselor called the bully into my session and proceeded to interrogate him right in front of me. My trust was broken. My spirit was broken, and I was more of a target than I had ever been. Thankfully, I have come a LONG way since then. THANKFULLY, education has come a LONG way since then. I do not ever take my experience for granted and continually teach my boys about respecting others and their feelings. Please talk to your children.

2 comments:

MustHaveCoffee... said...

Hi, Steph!
I just now found your blog and I'm loving this opportunity to get to know you even more through your writing. I love that you're honest, thoughtful, hardworking, caring, sincere, and funny!
So thankful we met this past year and that we're getting to know each other more. :o)
~Leslie

stephaniefiles said...

I'm glad too!! BUT fair warning, I fail to update this more than I remember to! LOL!